This article provides a brief explanation of what is cloud computing in simple terms with example, what is cloud computing explain its types.
A Cloud term refers to a Network or the Internet. In other words, we can say that Cloud is something, which is present at the remote location. Cloud can provide services over public and private networks, i.e., WAN, LAN or VPN.
What is Cloud Computing in Simple Terms with Example
In the simplest terms, Cloud computing means storing and accessing data and programs over the Internet instead of your computer’s hard drive.
In other words, Cloud Computing refers to manipulating, configuring, & accessing the hardware and software resources remotely. It offers online data storage, infrastructure, and application.
Cloud Computing Concept
There are certain services and models working behind the scene making the cloud computing feasible and accessible to end users. Following are the working models for cloud computing:
- Deployment Models
- Service Models
Cloud Computing Deployment Models
There are following types of deployment models:-
- Public Cloud
- Private Cloud
- Community Cloud
- Hybrid Cloud
Cloud Computing Service Models
The Three Types of Cloud Computing Service Models are :
- IaaS – Infrastructure As A Services
- PaaS – Platform As A Services
- SaaS – Software As A Services
IaaS – Infrastructure As A Service
- It provides only Infrastructure (i.e Servers, load balancer, Storage, Network etc) to clients.
- The client needs to install our Operating systems and applications on those virtual machines.
- It requires System Admin to configure the servers.
PaaS – Platform As A Service
- It provides a development platform for clients.
- The client needs to install only applications on those platforms. No need to worry about maintaining platforms.
- It requires Programmers to develop applications.
SaaS – Software As A Service
- Cloud service providers install, operate & maintain software applications in the cloud.
- A client doesn’t need to perform any task, just need to use the applications over the internet.
- It requires only End users to use the applications, no manpower required by clients.
Networks: Sales-force; Google; SAP; Oracle; Microsoft; and many more.
I hope you liked this article on what is cloud computing explain with example and what is cloud computing explain its types. I would like to have feedback from my blog readers. Your valuable feedback, question, or comments about this article are always welcome.