In this article, I will discuss telephonic interview tips and how to attend a telephonic interview by following some useful tips for freshers. While you are searching for a job It’s important to be prepared for a phone or telephonic interview at the moment’s notice. Nowadays many companies start the interview process with a phone call to discuss the job opportunity with a prospective employee, determine whether the candidate is a good fit, and gauge his or her interest in the position.
- Keep reading on Face to face interview tips and techniques
Purpose of Telephonic Interview
A telephonic Interview is a tool for employers to narrow down the pool of applicants who will be invited for Face to Face interview. It is also used to cut down their cost for outstation candidates. It is an effective method to measure a candidate’s communication and listening skills. Remember your voice can tell many things about you.
How to attend telephonic interview tips
Before you get on the telephone to interview for a job, review the listed ways to succeed in the telephonic interview:-
- Prepare the way as you are giving your regular interview where you need to compile your strength and weaknesses.
- Go to the washroom before the interview in case the interview lasts longer than expected.
- Keep your resume in front of you as the interviewer will start questions first related to what you have done and currently doing.
- Keep plain paper and pencil/pen handy to take notes of important discussions. Also, have a glass of water handy to wet your throat.
- If you are using your handset make sure it is appropriately charged and in full network range.
- Make sure the surrounding is quiet and doesn’t contain Noise Pollution.
- Be prepared to give a 2 to 3 minutes positive summary of your professional career.
- Read your resume thoroughly to explain your professional or project experience.
- Be enthusiastic. Speak confidently, slowly, and clearly.
- Be Sincere, if you do not understand the question ask the interviewer to repeat the question.
- Make sure you do not have any other appointment close to the interview, in case the interviewer needs more time.
- Value the interview time to convey that you value and respect the interview appointment.
- Turn off call waiting on your phone.
- Keep your body and mind calm.
- Try to give short answers.
- Keep on smiling during the interview as it will project a positive image to the listener and change the tone of your voice.
- If you are not in a position to take the interview at the given time, Apologies to the interviewer and ask for a reschedule.
- Don’t interrupt the interviewer. Listening skills are a crucial component during the interview process.
- If you do not know the answer to any question, be frank and admit it and offer the interviewer that you will do more research on the subject for the answer. Do not try to prove that your answer is right or lie to the interviewer. Trying to cover up will only make things worse.
- Take all the details of the Job from the interviewer like Client location, Project Details, etc.
- At the end of the interview ask the interviewers where do you stand and what would be the next step. Remember to say ‘Thank You’ for the time given.
I hope you liked this article on how to attend telephonic interview tips. I would like to have feedback from my blog readers. Your valuable feedback, question, or comments about this article are always welcome.