What is Hospital Management System?
In this article, I will discuss how to manage a multi-specialty hospital. A hospital management system (HMS) is a web-based system that provides facilities to manage the functioning of the hospital or any medical set up. This system or software will help in making the whole functioning paperless. It integrates all the information related to the patients, doctors, staff, hospital administrative details, etc.
- Keep reading on Hospital Revenue Cycle Management – US Healthcare System,
- Download Hospital Management System Project ASP.Net Source Code
To check a live demo of our Hospital Management System (HMS), please click here.
Introduction to our HMS (Hospital Management System) Software
The following HMS SaaS-based model offers management of multiple hospitals and information management of employees as well as patients as per hospital.
There are different activities which the user can perform based on the role after login into the system, which is as below :
- Super Admin: A super admin can create different hospitals and hospital’s admin to operate that hospital.
- Hospital Admins: Hospital admin can create different users as per their roles like Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacist, Laboratories, and Accounts. They also can see all the activities performed by users created by them.
- Doctors: New patients can be registered in the system. A doctor can create patient records and manage the checkup, prescription, diagnosis, and treatment of medical records for those patients. It also includes doctors’ emergency numbers. It includes a list of the available medicines for specific diseases so that the doctor can easily look for an alternative when in need.
- Nurses: Using HMS one can quickly check the availability of rooms/beds so that the receptionist can adjust the transfer of patients from one ward to another or allot the bed to the new patient. A nurse can manage the patient records, manage beds, and allotment of those beds. This data is constantly updated to keep track of discharged patients.
- Pharmacist: A pharmacist can manage medicine-related activities like add new stock of medicine and check the availability of medicine.
- Laboratory: Laboratories can perform the activities related to different diagnosis reports of patients which prescribe by doctors.
- Accountant: An accountant can perform financial activities like patient bill generation, expense management of the hospital.
Key Features of Hospital Management System Project (HMS)
- Add Standalone or group of hospitals.
- Multi-user system.
- Add admin users and assign hospitals for management.
- Staff records and login account management.
- Doctor management.
- Manage patient records.
- Simplified track of the patient checkup history, prescription, diagnosis, and treatment.
- Add medicine and medicine category.
- Generate the patient bill and print it.
- Manage different types of rooms and rooms categories.
- Manage the patient’s diagnosis report.
- Bed & Bed allocation management.
- User profile management.
- Birth & Death report management.
- Blood inventory management.
- Check availability of blood withing registered hospitals.
I hope you liked this article on Hospital Management System. I would like to have feedback from my blog readers. Your valuable feedback, question, or comments about this article are always welcome.