Some users have reported the existence of the ASP.Net machine account. In this article, I will discuss what is asp.net machine account in windows 10/7 and how to disable it, asp.net machine account password, and can I delete the asp.net machine account?
- Keep reading on How to check .net framework version
What is the ASP.Net Machine Account?
.NET Framework is an application on Windows that requires the installation to run several apps or games. However, when the .NET Framework is downloaded and installed, the application automatically creates an ASP NET machine account. The application does not take user permission or ask for a password before creating an ASP NET machine account windows 7 or Windows 10.
Some users have reported having been asked for ASP.NET Machine Account Password for logging in, which means while they can use the computer with the user account, they can’t have access to the second account- ASP.NET machine account windows 10 or windows 7.
It is mostly recommended to people to remove the account as soon as possible to ensure safety for your system, but if you are a software developer and sure of handling it your way, you may choose to keep it.
Can I delete asp.net machine account
The simple answer to the above question is Yes. Find the following methods to delete this unwanted account created by the .NET Framework.
Method 1: Reinstalling the .Net Framework. Find the below steps to reinstall the application .NET Framework and delete the machine account.
- Re-download the .NET Framework from the Microsoft website.
- Run the .exe file and you might get a pop-up notification with the message that it is already installed and have the option to cancel or reinstall the file.
- Choose the reinstall option to solve the issue of the second administrator account on your Windows OS and that too password protected.
- Re-installation will remove the misconfiguration in the file and eventually remove the ASP dot NET machine account on your system.
- After the re-installation is complete, reboot your system to check if the problem persists.
- Congratulations on succeeding if you did, if not, then no need to worry, you have the next method to try and delete the unwanted account.
Method 2: Delete the account and leave the .NET Framework installed:
- Open the Control Panel -> Goto Administrative Tools folder and select the Computer Management option.
- Select the Local Users and Groups node.
- Click on the Users sub-node and select the ASPNET account.
- Right-click on the selected account and select Delete.
I hope you liked this article on the asp.net machine account. I would like to have feedback from my blog readers. Your valuable feedback, question, or comments about this article are always welcome.