Keywords | ektron cms tutorial, about ektron cms, ektron cms400.net
A CMS is a software system that enables technical and non-technical users to contribute to the creation, management, and organization of content on a website. Content Management Systems were initially developed to resolve the issue of having highly experienced developers bogged down by adding large amounts of basic content to a website and to allow more business users to manage content on the site.
Through the separation of layout, Ektron cms have decentralized the management of websites from the technical team; letting non-technical users (including marketing teams and subject matter experts) manage content for the sections of the Website for which they are responsible.
In this Ektron cms tutorial, I will explain about Ektron cms400.net and Ektron CMS web content management system.
About Ektron CMS
The basic functions of Ektron cms web content management system are to collect, organize, and group the content of a website and to display that information online.
Ektron’s CMS is a powerful, diverse and easy to use content management solution that empowers anyone to take an active role in managing Web content and generating online strategies. Beyond the basics of content management, Ektron’s CMS streamlines site management, automates workflow processes, and supports collaboration. Ektron’s CMS reduces costs, saves time and makes Web sites, extranets, and intranets more effective, delivering a more personal customer experience to site visitors.
The Ektron web content management system lets business users:
- Build and deploy Web forms
- Implement and manage mobile strategies
- Leverage site analytics
- Monitor and manage search engine optimization (SEO)
- Manage social communities
- Build and manage online marketing initiatives
- Implement online commerce
- Integrate with third-party business systems
- Deploy and manage complete online strategies
Roles and Responsibilities
- End User
The Developer is a technical team member who is responsible for design, development, system integration, navigation, functionality, and performance. These components deliver content in a way that generates a positive Web experience. The Ektron developer works with the following elements:
- ASPX pages/Templates which make use of:
- Ektron Server Controls
- Ektron API
- Stylesheets and XSLT
- Other.NET components that are used on templates:
- a. Custom User Controls
- b. Widgets
- Applications that make use of Ektron’s API
- Ektron Web services that provide the interface to and from the Ektron CMS system
- Modify behavior of the CMS using custom extensions
The Administrator is responsible for the organization and management of the CMS.
- Manages CMS users, roles, group permissions, and workflows.
- Oversees and directs the activity of others who have the ability to add, edit, and manage content on the website.
- Manages aspects of the information architectural structure (such as folder properties) to establish the relationships between the development elements and the content, which ensures that the information and assets are in line with the objectives of the site.
- Works with Web designers and developers to define the information architecture, site structure, and implementation.
- Manage membership users and user groups.
- Manage folder structures.
- Uses CMS features to create metadata, XML configurations, menus, collections, calendars, Web alerts, URL aliasing, and so on.
End User (Content Authors & Publishers)
The End-User is responsible for adding, editing, and sometimes approving content on the website. The End User role is often driven by the internal organization of the business. End Users can be subject matter experts that generate content on a certain subject matter, or an End User could be a central content manager responsible for adding their department’s content to the CMS.
An End-User might even be a manager who only uses the CMS to approve content from their team before it goes live on the site. The End User has permissions that are controlled by the Administrator.
- Add and edit content in the Ektron CMS
- Upload and manage documents, images, & other files
What do you think?
I hope you liked this article. I would like to have feedback from my blog readers. Your valuable feedback, question, or comments about this article are always welcome.