Tags | domain knowledge for developers, domain knowledge for software testing, domain knowledge for business analyst
Domain Specific knowledge is very important for software developers. As IT is well-known in all domains or fields and the functions of IT is diverse in various domain. This article covers:-
- Definition of Domain-Specific Knowledge for IT Professionals
- The importance of domain knowledge for software engineers
- Different Domains in Software Development
Definition of Domain Knowledge for IT Professionals
Domain-Specific Knowledge is now becoming very important in IT software industry and incredibly valuable for software development as well. It is very important for software developers and testers. Domain-specific Knowledge is a particular area of work and knowledge that defines facts, information, and skills acquired through experience with the theoretical or practical understanding of a domain.
Importance of Domain Knowledge for Software Engineers
Software development is a collaborative process that needs to bring together domain expertise with technology expertise and process knowledge. To serve customers well and remain in business companies must:
- Reduce their product delivery cycle
- Operate with minimum fixed assets and overhead (people, inventory, and facilities)
- Shorten product development time.
- Improve customer service
- Empower employees
- Innovate and deliver high-quality products
- Enhance flexibility and adoption
- To enhance decisions, services, and products through adding intelligence, increasing value and providing flexibility.
- Create learning organization to sustain a competitive position in the market.
- Help you get into the niche market and stay in demand.
- Provide better job security as a specialized resource.
Different domains in Software Development
- CONSUMER / FMCG
- ENGINEERING AND CONSTRUCTION
- HOSPITALITY AND LEISURE
- GIS (Geographic Information System)